Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where to begin

Where to begin? How about, why am I here? That seems simple enough. But the fact is I don’t know why I am here, only that I am, and that I am beginning to understand that it is my role, my function, my time to be present and to speak about the things that God has put forth in my mind, in my heart and in my voice. I have no justification for why He chose for me to say these things. Certainly, I have not lived the purified life of one who you would regard as someone to follow and or to imitate. I have tried for many years to find validation for my thoughts on spiritual matters and I have yet to find the answer. I am not a biblical scholar nor am I a trained and educated minister. By all earthly measurement, I have no qualifications at all to be speaking to you or anyone through this document about the things that I write. What I am beginning to understand, is that God is working in me, through the Holy Spirit, to compel me to action on some level for what he has equipped me to do for Him. I am starting to see that it is the Spirit that gives what God designates for each of us to have and then places it in front of us to act on or to use in our lives. Who am I and why am I here? Is it even a question that I can answer? The reality is that I don’t know. I have fear that my materialistic and humanistic perspective is providing me with ambition of self determination and promises of achieving something that I am not designated to attain. If I respond on what it is I feel, how do I know that it is God’s calling for me? Perhaps the truth is that no human can ever know what God actually wants and is doing inside of him. Perhaps the best you can do as a person is to simply UNDERSTAND. How foolish is it to think, I or any of us really can lay claim to God’s desire for his individual creations. The best we can do is to open the shells that we have acquired throurgh the preparation of worldly institutions and self proclaimed teachers and simply listen, UNDERSTAND and respond to what God has placed in each of us. His desire for what we are to do, our talent, our uniqueness, that which makes us different and allows for the greater whole to grow and to survive. We prevent ourselves to be who we truly are. We give in to either societal definitions or suppress our own value because we are not worthy to be who God has design and created us to be. We must work to discover the joy, freedom and the love that abounds when we open ourselves to be people of God’s calling. Acting through the true power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Love of Christ in our hearts, we must work to break the boundaries that prevent us from being what we are created to be. A child of God.

No comments: